Notice on the application of the General Data Protection Regulation
On 25.5.2018, the new General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, also known as GDPR, entered in force, strengthening the protection of personal data throughout the European Union.
ICHOR, with respect to your personal data, implements the new Regulation on its processing and informs you in detail accordingly. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use and protect any information about you. It also tells you how to get in touch if you have any questions, which we will be more than happy to answer.
This Notice applies to all the personal data we collect when you contact us by phone, email or through our site.
Personal data you give us
When you make a request to register our website, become a member or contact us for more information on our company’s activities you will be asked to provide certain information, which will at least include your name and contact details (email, address and phone number).
By registering to our website and application you acknowledge, accept and declare unconditionally that your registration and participation requires the creation of a personal data file, which will include the personal details and information that will be disclosed by you at the time of registration or during your participation in the program. This file will be kept by the Company for the purpose of supporting, promoting, performing and operating its services. Upon registering for the website program and application you provide your consent to the processing of your personal data in accordance with the above and for future communication with you in any way.
You are responsible for the correctness of all data transmitted and for keeping the information up to date so that such data reflects reality.
Personal data we collect automatically
When you make a request or purchase a program, we record the platform you made it on, and how you got to our platform (if you connected through another site, for example).
Even if you don’t end up making a request or purchase, we may automatically collect some information by just you visiting our site. This may include your IP address, which pages you’ve visited, which browser you’re using, and information about clicks. It might also include information about your computer’s operating system, its application version, language settings, device-specific setting and characteristics, and data that identifies your device.
If you’re using a mobile device, we might also collect location details. And we might analyse, and process basic data related to the apps installed on it (e.g. name, description and category).
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – We use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. As a result, however, there is a possibility that some of our website features may not function.
Why do we collect your data and for which purposes
We collect your data for the execution of our services upon your request. Taking into consideration that all programs provided (training and nutrition) are based on your personal physical condition, we will not be able to provide you with our services, unless certain personal data is collected.
We use your personal data indicatively for the following purposes :
- Your identification and the communication with you in order to respond to your request.
- Your registration as a member, your access to the content of the website and our application, the forming of your personal program, the monitoring of the program you have chosen and details of your progress.
- The communication with you through our newsletters regarding our programs, policies, new digital ideas and platforms as well as special offers.
- To manage our business activity, including developing new services, conducting customer research and evaluating the efficiency of our services and promotions.
To process your personal data we rely on the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a contract: We need to use your personal data to fulfil our agreement regarding the use of a program.
- Compliance with our legal obligations: The compliance of our company with the obligations imposed by the relevant legal, regulatory and taxation framework in force, as well as with the decisions of any authority (public, supervisory etc.) or Courts.
- The protection of the company’s property in regards to the programs and platforms you can upload from our site.
- Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal data in certain circumstances, for example direct marketing purposes (newsletters). You may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Privacy” in the subject line without, however, affecting the legality of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
What third parties do we share your personal data with and why?
There are a number of different business partners integrated in the services we provide with who we share your personal data such as training instructors and nutritionists. We will also share your data with other third parties, which may include payment service providers, technology host Virtuagym, accountants and advertising partners.
We may share your personal data with government or investigative authorities if we’re required to do so by law. And we may need to disclose personal data to competent authorities or our legal team, to protect and defend our rights or properties.
For how long will your personal data be stored?
Your personal information will remain and be stored on a secure server within Europe for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described in our private agreement (unless by law it is required to be kept for a longer period or it is necessary so as to resolve disputes with any parties). However, the Company cannot and does not guarantee that the Website, the information system or the transmission of data in general on the Internet or any other public network is 100% secure.
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data on our platforms?
Our company controls the processing of personal data on its platforms (Controller). If you have any questions, concerns, comments or complaints about our practices, or this Privacy Notice, please email Joanne.email@example.com stating “Privacy” in the subject line, and we’ll get right back to you. Your personal online profile is kept by our technology host Virtuagym, that also acts as our Data Processor. Once you are no longer registered as a client at Ichor Fitness your personal data will remain saved by our host for as long as necessary, as per above.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request for copies of your personal data that we keep.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request our company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data (only applied under certain conditions).
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (only applied under certain conditions).
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data (only applied under certain conditions).
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you (only applied under certain conditions).
You request regarding the above will be registered and responded by our company within 14 days. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that our company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Personal Data Protection Authority at 1-3 Kifissias Av. Athens, Greece.